Comprehensive Eye Exams
Comprehensive eye exams are vital for maintaining optimal vision and overall eye health. At Peachtree Ophthalmology, we offer thorough examinations that encompass various assessments to detect and address any potential issues early on.
- A visual field test to measure your side (peripheral) vision. A loss of peripheral vision may be a sign of glaucoma.
- A visual acuity test, where you read an eye chart about 20 feet away, to check on how well you see at various distances.
- Tonometry, which measures your eye’s interior pressure. It helps to detect glaucoma.
- Dilation, which involves getting eye drops that dilate (widen) your pupils. This allows more light to enter the eye. Your eye care provider examines your eyes using a special magnifying lens. This provides a clear view of important tissues at the back of your eye, including the retina, macula, and optic nerve.
Here’s what you can expect during your comprehensive eye exam:
- Visual Acuity Assessment: During this assessment, we evaluate your ability to see details at various distances using a standardized eye chart. This test helps determine if you need corrective lenses and assesses the clarity of your vision.
- Eye Pressure Measurement: Elevated eye pressure can be a sign of conditions like glaucoma. We use tonometry, a non-invasive procedure, to measure the pressure inside your eyes and screen for potential issues.
- Confrontation Visual Field Test: This test assesses your peripheral vision by having you respond to visual stimuli presented in different areas of your field of view. It helps detect any abnormalities or blind spots that may indicate underlying eye conditions.
- Eye Movements Evaluation: We assess the coordination and range of motion of your eye muscles to ensure proper alignment and functionality, which is crucial for binocular vision and depth perception.
- Pupil Check: By examining the size, shape, and response of your pupils to light, we can detect neurological issues or abnormalities that may affect your eye health.
- Slit Lamp Examination: This examination allows us to examine the structures of your eyes in detail, including the cornea, iris, lens, and retina. It helps detect conditions such as cataracts, corneal abrasions, and retinal disorders.
- Dilated Eye Exam: During this part of the exam, we use eye drops to dilate your pupils, allowing for a more thorough examination of the retina and optic nerve. This enables us to detect conditions like diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration, and retinal tears.
We encourage you to schedule a comprehensive eye exam at Peachtree Ophthalmology to ensure the ongoing health of your eyes. Our dedicated team of professionals is committed to providing personalized care and addressing any concerns you may have about your vision. Call us today at 770-285-7910 to book your appointment at our convenient location in Peachtree Corners and Norcross. Don’t delay – prioritize your eye health today!