About Your Visit
Please allow about 1 to 1.5 hours for your entire visit and examination.
Items to Bring to Your Appointment
- Patient Forms - Please print and complete the new patient packet prior to your appointment (preferred). If not, no worries you can complete your forms in the office.
- Your Photo ID
- Your Insurance Card
- If your insurance requires a referral from your (PCP) Primary Care Provider, please bring that referral form to your appointment.
- If not, please contact your PCP prior to your appointment.
- List of all Active Medications
- Eye Drops Bottles
- Eye Glasses or Recent Eye Glasses Prescription
During Your Appointment
- You and Dr. Washington will review your past medical and surgical history.
- You will receive preliminary vision testing including:
- Test visual acuity
- Eye pressure
- Ocular motility
- Pupil testing
- Confrontational field testing
- Binocular vision and color vision testing
- Dr. Washington will examine the front part of your eye and dilate your pupils.
- You may receive photos of your optic nerve and retina and/or additional visual field testing depending on the reason for visit.
- Dr. Washington will review your testing results and give recommendations.
- You and Dr. Washington will go over all future treatment and diagnosis options and will answer all your questions.